March 14, 2010

Scripture Challenge-Week 4- Home

Challenge Word #4: Home

!”Well, in John 14:1-4, Jesus says “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

”Jesus calms the hearts of the disciples as He tells them He is leaving, and we can be calmed by it also. He is going to prepare a permanent home for them in His Father’s house—Heaven. He is also coming back for us. What a great comfort! According to scripture, Heaven is a place God dwells, and Jesus sits at the right-hand of the Father. It is described as a kingdom (2 Peter 1:11), an inheritance (1 Peter 1:4), a city and a country (Hebrews 11:16), and a home (John 14:2). I encourage you to look up those scriptures.

No comments: