June 15, 2009


God of the Breakthrough
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"…the Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like the bursting out of great waters…"(II Samuel 5:20, NLT)
TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria
A breakthrough is simply a sudden burst of God’s favor. It’s an explosion of His goodness. It’s when suddenly, God releases His power in such a way that it overwhelms you and drives out your enemies!Maybe you’ve been praying about a child for years, and suddenly, they get back on the right course. That’s a breakthrough. Or you were trying to get in to a certain college. They said they were full, but suddenly, they call you back and say they have room for you. That’s another breakthrough. Perhaps you’ve struggled in your finances for a long time then you get a good break or a promotion. Now it’s not a struggle anymore. Those are all breakthroughs.
No matter what you’ve been facing, no matter how impossible things look, know this; the God of the breakthrough wants to visit your house. Your part is to be ready—to look for His favor and goodness. Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. So keep expecting and keep believing because the God of the breakthrough is ready to overwhelm you with His goodness today!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, today I am expecting Your goodness. I am looking for Your favor. I’m trusting that You, the God of the breakthrough, are working mightily on my behalf. Help me to live a life pleasing to You as I wait for Your hand to move in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: