June 9, 2009

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday! have a Blessed Day!
Keep Your Eye on the Prize
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours"(I Corinthians 9:24, AMP)
TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Many of the challenges that come our way in life are simply distractions to try to lure us from our destiny. Every day we have the opportunity to get upset—maybe someone is talking about you, or a competitor at work is spreading rumors, or a friend says something that they shouldn’t have. When this happens, you have to ask yourself, “If I engage in this battle and spend my time and energy trying to defend myself or trying to prove that I’m right, if I win this battle, what is the prize going to be?” For example, if someone cuts you off in traffic and you get all upset and cut him off in return, how is that going to benefit you? You don’t even know the person! What’s the point? There are no spoils. That’s not a battle that is worth your energy.
The reason many people are missing out on God’s best is they’re distracted fighting battles that don’t really matter, trying to prove themselves to others, trying to win over their critics, playing up to someone, trying to get their approval. Instead, choose to keep your focus and attention on becoming more like Jesus so you can fulfill the destiny He has prepared for you!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I choose to refocus on You. I am determined to overlook offenses and choose my battles wisely. I will run the race You have set before me with purpose so I can lay hold of the prize You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: