July 23, 2009

Come Boldly



Today’s Verse: “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most” (Hebrews 4:16, NLT).



Today’s Word:
Notice in today’s verse that God doesn’t say, “Come to Me with a weak, defeated, pitiful attitude.” He doesn’t say, “Come to Me thinking about all your failures and how unworthy you are.” No, God says, come to Me with boldness. Come to Me with your head held high, knowing that I’m a good God, and I want to help you! He says, “Come to Me knowing that you are the apple of My eye, and I want to be good to you.”And really, the only way you’re going to approach God boldly is to know that you’re righteous—that you are in right standing with Him. You have to know in your heart that God is pleased with you. You have to know that your sins are forgiven.Today, instead of dwelling on what you’ve done wrong, dwell on what you’ve done right! You may not be all that you’re supposed to be yet, but you can thank God that you’re not what you used to be! You are forgiven. You are chosen. You are accepted. Receive His forgiveness today so you can go boldly to His throne of grace.
Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, thank You for Your mercy and grace. Thank You for inviting me into Your presence. I receive Your forgiveness today and come boldly before You. Teach me Your ways that I may walk in Your truth all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: