July 6, 2009

Go the Extra Mile
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two" (Matthew 5:41, NKJ)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Are you a person of excellence? Do you do more than what´s expected, or do you look for the easy way out? Do you just do the minimum requirement, or do you go the extra mile?
Back in Bible days, by law, Roman soldiers could require a person to carry their armor for one mile. After that mile, they would have to get somebody else to do it. But in this verse, Jesus is saying to go above and beyond the call of duty. Do more than expected. Carry the armor two miles. And that´s the attitude we should have today.
We are called to be people of excellence. We are called to go above and beyond. That´s the attitude God expects, and that´s the attitude God rewards. The world should look at the people of God and think, "Wow. They are people of integrity. People who outshine the rest. I want what they have." I encourage you today to look for ways to go the extra mile. Let your actions bring glory to God and open the door for His blessing in every area of your life.
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I choose an attitude of excellence. I want my life to bring You all the glory. Help me find creative ways to be a blessing to those around me. In Jesus´ Name. Amen.

No comments: