July 22, 2009

Receive God´s Mercy
Today´s Scripture:
"People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy"(Proverbs 28:13, NLT).
Today´s Word:
So many people today go around feeling guilty and condemned. They´re always praying, "Please God, forgive me for that mistake I made. Please God, I´m just so sorry." It seems that every day they are begging God to forgive them for something they did a year ago. We have to understand that God forgives us the very first time we ask. It´s up to us to receive that forgiveness. We have to receive His mercy. We aren´t meant to go through life feeling guilty and condemned, trying to pay God back for all the mistakes we ever made. Friend, as soon as you come to God with an open and humble heart, He washes you clean. Because of His great mercy, He makes you worthy to be His child, His friend, His ambassador in the earth.
Romans 8 tells us that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Shake off condemnation and boldly declare, "God approves me. God is pleased with me. I am accepted. I am forgiven. I´ve been made worthy." Receive His forgiveness and mercy by faith today so that you can move forward into the abundant life He has for you.
Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, today I choose to receive Your mercy and forgiveness. Thank You for cleansing me of all unrighteousness. Thank You for making me new. I love You and bless Your holy Name. In Jesus´ Name. Amen
.
~Love Barbara~

No comments: