August 29, 2010

Challenge Monday 2010 - All My Worship

My Sweet, Sweet Song- All My Worship
Praising God is an act of humility and devotion. When we praise and worship God, we turn our focus from ourselves and place it on God. This act brings us into closer fellowship with the Lord and allows us to express our faith. We lift our hands and shout words of thanksgiving and adoration. We play music, sing and dance.
**************************************
I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. -Psalms 34:1
Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. -
Eph. 5:19-20 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name. -
Hebrews 13:15What do you praise God for? What songs express pure praise to you? God is worthy of our praise and worship at all times. Sometimes we are so caught up in our circumstances that we find it hard to praise God. At those times the right song can remind us that God is in control and he is an awesome God!And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28
I hope you will join us this month in creating a layout inspired by your favorite songs. Below are a few songs I thought fit this topic, but feel free to share any song that you feel drawn too.Indescribable- Chris TomlinOur Love is Loud- David CrowderShout to the Lord - several versionsOpen Skies- David Crowder

Praise You in the Storm- Casting CrownsWhile trying to decide what to scrap for this challenge, the song Who Am I? by Casting Crowns came on the radio.
I had planned to use the song Praise You in the Storm by them as the basis of my layout but was really struggling to get it to come together. I guess sometimes I feel that while I have had my share of storms, that overall I have very little to complain about. I have known and meet people, who have gone through much larger storms than I have and to be honest, sometimes I wonder why one person who has amazing faith can be put through so much while someone else can continue to have things work out well. This song has help me to realize, it has nothing to do with who we are or what we do. It's all because of who He is and what He did. We fall short and yet God is here with us. Sometimes he calms the storms and sometimes he goes through them with us, but no matter who you are, He is always there and that alone is enough to give him constant praise.

~Love Barbara~

2 comments:

Pam said...

Amen, Barbara! I went through a stormy period these last few months, and at times I felt like God had His back turned toward me. But, I realized that He had my back instead. He is truly an Awesome God!

I love your talent and I love reading your blog. God bless you!

Bible Study said...

I agree I will exalt the Lord at all-times.He is worthy of our praise.