December 12, 2010

Introducing: Monthly Heritage Challenge - Documenting Family Traditions

New Faith Sisters Challenge 2011 - Monthly Heritage Challenge.
Welcome to Faith Sister's new monthly heritage scrapbooking challenge.
My name is Theresa and I design under the name of Forget-Me-Nots. I’m one of the new designers here and I’m very excited to “visit” with you today in my first monthly heritage challenge. Heritage scrapbooking is near and dear to my heart. Each month I hope to work with you on getting some of your family story scrapped. On the 2nd Thursday, I will post a new topic in the forum that we can work on. You can expect the next one to arrive on January 13, 2011.

Some people panic when they think of heritage scrapbooking, but if we break it down into bite sized chunks, it will be fun. You don’t have to have a lot of photos to be able to scrap your heritage. And by the way – it doesn’t have to be 100 years old to be heritage! We will explore all kinds of ideas for getting it done. Your story, and more importantly God’s story woven in your life is important. Let’s work on it together and have some fun along the way! I’m looking forward to getting to know you.

When I decided to do a December Heritage challenge, I first thought of “traditions”, not realizing that the topic of the wonderful My Lifetime Story Challenge this week is also traditions! That’s all right, the more the merrier! (If you are participating in that challenge your layout could serve for both challenges.)

Whenever I hear the word “tradition” I automatically think of the song from Fiddler on the Roof and Tevya begins singing in my brain. What do you think about when you think of traditions?

Traditions can be habits of daily life, they can be a part of celebration, they can be the things you remember when you think of home or they could be ways of doing things that your family has passed on to you. This month a lot of us are focused on the holidays, so it is a good time to think about this topic. Be mindful as you go through your busy days this month and take photographs of the small things that might be forgotten if you don’t document them.


*´¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•' Have A Great Day!
~Love Barbara~

No comments: