February 14, 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge {Word #4}, Delight

Challenge Word #4: Delight  (I will be adding my layout later)

Copied and pasted from http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/

I found it interesting as I began studying this week’s word. I noticed that the word ‘delight’ was repeated over and over again in Psalm 119. So, as I researched, I found that Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible and almost every verse mentions God’s Word and how we are to delight in it. A few wonderful verses include:

Psalm 119:16 “I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.”
Psalm 119:24 “Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors.”
Psalm 119:35 “Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.”
Psalm 119:47 “for I delight in your commands because I love them.”
Psalm 119:77 “Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight.”

I encourage you to read Psalm 119. There are 22 sections based off of the Hebrew alphabet. Maybe you could read a section a day for 22 days. Now that certainly would help get everyone in the daily habit of reading God’s Word and delighting in Him!

*´¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•' Have A Great Day!
~Love Barbara~

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'll have to check back for your layout. Don't you just love the word "delight"? I used to tell me CCD kids that to think of it as God being "the light" and we should "delight" in him. Corny, I know. But they were young.