Fitness programs: 7 tips for staying motivated
Have you ever started a fitness program and then quit? If you answered yes, you're not alone. Many people start fitness programs but stop when they get bored or results come too slowly — but it doesn't need to be that way. Here are seven tips to help you stay motivated:
1. Set goals: Start with simple goals and then progress to longer range goals. Remember to make your goals realistic and achievable.
2. Make it fun: Find sports or activities that you enjoy, then vary the routine to keep you on your toes.
3. Make physical activity part of your daily routine: If it's hard to find time for exercise, don't fall back on excuses. Schedule workouts as you would any other important activity. You can also slip in physical activity throughout the day. Be creative!
4. Put it on paper: Are you hoping to lose weight? Boost your energy? Sleep better? Manage a chronic condition? Write it down! Seeing the benefits of regular exercise on paper may help you stay motivated.
5. Join forces with friends, neighbors or others: You're not in this alone. Invite friends or co-workers to join you when you exercise. Work out with your partner or other loved ones.
6. Reward yourself: After each exercise session, take a few minutes to savor the good feelings that exercise gives you. This type of internal reward can help you make a long-term commitment to regular exercise.
7. Be flexible: If you're too busy to work out or simply don't feel up to it, take a day or two off. Be gentle with yourself if you need a break. The important thing is to get back on track as soon as you can.
Set your goals, make it fun and pat yourself on the back from time to time. Remember, physical activity is for life.
*´¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•' Have A Great Day! ~Love Barbara~