September 14, 2011

ABC Scripture Challenge {Word #19}, Share

Sunday, September 11, 2011


Challenge Word #19: Share
I will post my layout later, but this post is awesome to read!

[copied and pasted from patter cross blog - Scripture challenge 2011]While on vacation in August, we witnessed a terrible accident. We were the car just behind the two cars that hit. We also were the only witnesses to stop. The first car was a Suburban and was hit from the back. The back of the car was damaged but the occupants were fine—just shaken a bit. The Toyota Camry that hit them was demolished. The air bag deployed, the driver’s arms were burnt from the air bags, there was burning radiator fluid coming into the car, and it was really a scary situation. As I was there with the occupants, who were both conscious praise God, I felt God lead me to pray with them. I have never shared a prayer with strangers like that ever before. I held the passenger’s hand and I prayed for them while we waited for the police and rescue squad to arrive. Once the police took my statement and we were allowed to leave, the driver from the Suburban came up to me and shook my hand. I didn’t know why but then he proceeded to say “Thank you so much for praying for those people.” I had NO idea he heard me or saw me praying with them. While I certainly didn’t mind, it also made me think of how many times people see us doing things that we are unaware of. Does your life match what you say? Are you sharing Christ through your daily living? Are you sharing as God leads?

Our lives should match our words. For those of us that proclaim Christ as our Lord and Savior, then our lives should match our words. Our lives should share Christ through all we do and say. As Max Lucado says we can share by: “Being faithful to your spouse. Be the one at the office who refuses to cheat. Be the neighbor who acts neighborly. Be the employee who does the work and doesn’t complain. Pay your bills. Do your part and enjoy life. Don’t speak one message and live another.” So perfectly put.

In my daughter’s Christian evangelism class this week, they were talking about the word ‘share’. My daughter mentioned how we are so eager to share when we get a new car, new jewelry, new ‘anything’ really. But, how eager are we to share the Lord?

How many times have you heard people say they don’t want to know about being a Christian because “Christians are hypocrites” or “because they act just like the rest of the world”? Do you want non-believers to take you seriously? Then share Christ by the way you live. Live each day according to God’s Word, and remember to share with gentleness and respect.

1 Peter 3:15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

For my page today, I used two verses:

Micah 6:8And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

2 Thessalonians 2:14He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As we remember the attacks of September 11th, I pray you will keep your eyes and ears open. You never know when God will put someone in your path that He wants you to share with. The world today is in desperate need to hear about the saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Won’t you share as someone shared with you?
*´¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•' Have A Great Day! ~Love Barbara~

No comments: