December 20, 2011

My Interview for the I AM HEALED article on FACEBOOK!

I AM Healed
I was interview by Jamie McKnight - Thanks Jamie for bring out the best in my.
Thanks Jacks for the reviewing of the article before publication..
I created a facebook page for those in need of physical and/or emotional healing. This is my first interview of a good friend of mine who has been CANCER FREE for 5 years now. I pray you share this post with others.www.facebook.com/IamHealed

On June 15, 2006, I was tested and diagnosed with cancer. After having a bone marrow test, it became clear to me that God truly had my back. It’s something when you go through an experience so heartfelt and life threatening. I felt God say to me back in March of the following year: “Everything is going to be ok as long as you stay focused on Me.” That’s what I did! I stayed prayed up. I was in church every Sunday and bible study on Wednesday (when I could go). On June 16, 2006, I had the pleasure of meeting a missionary/prophet for Christ Jesus, Barbara Mason, of South Carolina. Barbara told me to continue to pray for healing and read and commit to memory: Psalm 103:1-3: "Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." This is indeed, my healing Psalm. After the re-dedication of my life in August 2006 at Convent Avenue Baptist Church in Harlem NYC, I started working the word in my life and God started working in miracles, signs, and wonders in my life. Then in December 2007, Dr. Hyde in Brooklyn, NY, called me into her office to and said, “WHATEVER YOU’VE BEEN DOING YOU NEED TO KEEP DOING BECAUSE WE CAN’T FIND THE CANCER!!!!!”
Q: Do you believe your faith is the main contributing factor to your healing?
I believe I have always been a person of faith. Not until back in 2007, when I took my first spiritual gifts test, was I excited to realize that faith and craftsmanship were two of my highest rated spiritual gifts. God said in Matthew 17:20 “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’, and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”I remember during that time, I would collect every bible I could get my hands on. I bought the Joyce Meyers bible, women version, mom version, and the women of faith version. You name it; I bought it and read it. God totally showed himself strong and mighty in my life. I have been cancer-free for the last 5 years.
What advice would you give to people who are still waiting for God to answer their prayer?Remember God will not ever give you more than you can not handle nor will he assign you a task without giving you what is needed to complete that task. For me, I know God keeps blessing me every day. When I moved down to Raleigh NC in 2008 and I stepped out on faith trusting in GOD, and his will on my life. I had been unemployed for a year, and God still took care of me and my son. For people that are still waiting on God to answer. DON’T GIVE UP!!! You might be praying for healing, financial blessing or your children are going haywire. Keep the faith. Remember Matthew 17:20: God will watch over you. Remember joy comes in the morning. Stay faithful, don’t give up. Your breakthrough is right around the corner.
Q: Any other advice you want to give the readers out there?
· You can’t do it alone. Don’t try to do it alone. Find a prayer partner, talk to your pastor/and or first lady in a private meeting and ask them for help and/or guidance. I do believe in corporate prayer. (Shameless plug you can also join our online community of believers at www.facebook.com/IamHealed )
· Pity parties won’t help. Keep your eyes and ears open so that you can see the signs and wonders. When God does send the message, you can hear Him. Best way for that to work is you have to have a personal relationship with God.
· It was not an easy road, so I don’t want it to seem that way. Stay faithful and have that personal relationship of your own with the almighty God. I stay focused on God in spite of my circumstances and He healed me. Please understand when God heals you or delivers you from something, go out to the hedges and highways and tell somebody. Your healing and deliverance is for the masses, you never know who’s going through and your testimony might just be what they need to keep going on there journey.
Barbara is a member of Elevation Baptist Church of Raleigh/Knightdale NC, (under the great leadership of Pastor T.L. Carmichael and First Lady Elder Rebecca Carmichael). I feel so blessed to be a part of this awesome ministry. Barbara serves in the Youth  Ministry, Missionary Ministry, Usher Ministry, and the Christian Education Ministry.
*´¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•' Have A Great Day! ~Love Barbara~

1 comment:

NC Peach said...

What a powerful testimony! You brought up so many wonderful points!I agree about not wallowing in self-pity! It's important in regardless of what we're going through to live in expectancy that God is going to bring us through...Having that prayer support system is key too! It's like that song, "Somebody Prayed for Me." When I experienced my own battle with cancer, so many ppl did just that for me. TFS!