December 4, 2012

Open-Handed Help Dec 4th, 2012

I wanna also said happy Birthday to my Great Aunt Lizzie who dies in 3-20-1980 on my birthday .. I remembered as child expecting you to come home from the hospital when that terrible call came into my mom and aunt Hester. Me thinking they were gong to the hospital to pick you up... Gosh I was in the 5th Grade.... I remember us sneaking and watching the Honeymooners and the Odd couple when I was supposed to be sleeping and drinking Canada Dry Ginger ale.. I thought I was drink Champagne..LOL.... We had some great time... I love you aunt LIZZIE -
Ms. Elizabeth Macon..R.I.P. Gone but NEVER Forgotten!
******
Today's Daily Bread .. Awesome..
REMEMBER this in this season for the "Toy for tots" and "helping people that have less"...

A homeless man spends time in our local library. One afternoon, while I was writing there, I took a lunch break. After I finished the first half of a turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich, an image of the man’s face came to mind. A few minutes later, I offered him the untouched part of my lunch. He accepted.
This brief encounter made me realize that with all that God has given me, I needed to do more to help those who are less fortunate. Later, as I thought about this, I read Moses’ instructions on providing for the poor. He told the Israelites: Do not “shut your hand from your poor brother, but . . . open your hand wide to him” (Deut. 15:7-8). An open hand symbolizes the way God wanted His nation to provide for impoverished people—willingly and freely. No excuses, no holding back (v.9). God had given to them, and He wanted them to give generously enough to supply whatever was “sufficient” for the need (v.8).
When we offer open-handed help to the poor, God blesses us for our kindness (Ps. 41:1-3; Prov. 19:17). With His leading, consider how you might “extend your soul to the hungry” (Isa. 58:10) and freely give to help others in Jesus’ name.
Grant us, then, the grace for giving
With a spirit large and free,
That our life and all our living
We may consecrate to Thee. —Murray
You may give without loving, but you can’t love without giving.

*´¨) ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) (¸.•´ (¸.•' Have A Great Day!
~Love Barbara~

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You always bring up something I need to think deeper on, thank you.